Friday, March 25, 2011

Nature and Creation

I think it's been about forever since I last posted. So where have I been?

RED ROCK! It was a free day over MLK weekend,
and we took advantage of the nice weather.
Of course, Ariel had to come too...
Lost Creek had a decent falls because it was so early in the season
I LOVE the color of this wood!
Giggles had to check it out too.

Back at home...
I completed my first original crochet pattern! It's still being tested, so I don't have the pattern available yet, but very soon! For the longest time this didn't have a name, it was just Original Shawl. The edging kind of took care of that. Someone said it looked like Butterfly wings, so I went with it.

I'm calling it Flutterby Shawl
(pronounced as flutterbee)
Which brought me to my second original...
After I made a shawl for me, my daughter told me she wanted one as well. Lucky for me, her birthday was coming up. I dived into my stash and found this Patons Grace cotton yarn, and set to work google-ing (googling?) for pictures of a pattern that would work. I haven't written out the pattern yet, but I will, and post it eventually.
This one is being named after the recipient:
Lyssa's Shawl
I love how the back ruffles slightly. It so perfectly girly!
Most recently I've gotten my beads out again, and dusted them off. I think they missed me because I proceeded to make two sets of long 3-strand lariat necklaces. I don't have pictures of those yet. Hopefully in the next few days. And now I'm back to ornaments. The question is, what colors should I do this year's holiday ornament?
I did red and green last year, so I'll have to come up with something else. Red and gold maybe? I haven't done too much in red. Or maybe I'll just close my eyes and point to a color...

Decisions, decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment