Sunday, January 16, 2011

dreaming in yarn...

I have become a busy little bee in the past little while when it comes to crochet. I've finished 2 hats, almost finished a shawl, created a new shawl, tore it out, but not before writing down the pattern, started a scarf, and a bag, and somehow in the middle of all that, managed to keep dust and dishes under control. whew! I only wish my yarn would reproduce as fast as my dishes.

The new shawl, which is as yet unnamed, was actually loosely inspired by the Logwood Shawlette from crochetme.com (can you tell I like this site?) So after I got a few rows into it, I came to realise that the yarn the creator used, and the yarn I was using from my stash didn't match, nor did my yarn really work with the pattern (too stiff I think). So I took it out. Then I looked at the picture again, and thought to myself, how can I make this more...structured? and came up with this:

It's made up entirely of shells, v stitches, and chains, making it a very easy work up. The only down side? I didn't have enough yarn. So I wrote down the increase pattern and the first few rows so that I know what I'm doing (mostly because I've done it before), but I don't know about the rest of you people. It's a very rough workup so far, but if there's interest in the pattern, I can definitely get back to work on it, otherwise it will sit on my hard drive collecting what ever it is computer files collect, until I can justify the purchase of ever more yarn. Until, I will miss that shawl, I was really liking it.


So what did I do with the yarn? I balled it, then started work again. yeah, remember that scarf I mentioned before? This is the Queen Ann Lace Scarf from mypicot.com 's blog. It's very pretty. And so quick to work on too!

That's about it for my crochet adventures. I'll post pictures of the scarf and shawl later, when they're done. Well, the shawl might have to wait, seeing as though it's a surprise. I'll post it eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment